Friday, September 12, 2008

I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for...Olives?

Eleven years ago when I first met Erik, it did not take me long to learn about his love for black olives. After frequent visits to one of our favorite Italian restaurants, he began to try to replicate their olive oil, diced garlic, parmessan chesse bread dip. It didn't take long for Erik's version of the dip to include black olives. He likes to make this about once a week or so, so there always seems to be an open can of olives in our refrigerator. The other day Soren was signing eat and pounding on the refrigerator, and being the clever mom I am, I have come to learn that this is Soren's way of communicating, "I'm starving!" When I opened the refrigerator there was some string cheese next to the black olives. He pointed in that general direction, so I assumed, he most likely wanted the string cheese. Oh no, he knew that black juice in the little tupperware container meant OLIVES! And that is indeed what he wanted. Olivia also shares this love and we have actually had to make an olive limit at our house because we are beginning to go through a huge amount of olives. The limit is five per kid, which just so happens to be the same number of fingers, huh, coincendence? We will let you decided...just don't look at me funny the next time you see me shopping and the olives are on sale...doesn't every family buy 10 cans of olives at once?



No comments: