Monday, September 15, 2008

I love, you love, we all love...olives?

Eleven years ago when Erik and I first met, it didn't take me long to discover his love for olives. After going to one of our favorite Italian restaurants, he decided to try to replicate their bread dipping oil. It had olive oil, fresh diced garlic, Parmesan cheese, and then Erik of course added olives to his version. I do have to say that it is very delicious. Now whenever Erik makes this treat for himself, he has two little mouths right beside him wanting some of that yummy bread dipped in his special sauce. After both kids were introduced to this dipping oil, they too were on the path of loving black olives. The other day, Soren was signing "eat" while pounding on the refrigerator, and being the clever mother that I am, I figured out that he was probably hungry. When I opened the door, there was a piece of string cheese next to an olive container. When he pointed in that general direction, I thought for sure that he wanted the cheese. Nope, I was wrong he wanted the black olives. We have actually had to make an olive limit, 5 per kid, which just so happens to be the same number of fingers on one hand, coincidence? We will let you decide. So, the next time that you are at the grocery store where the olives are on sale, promise not to laugh at my cart, doesn't everyone by 10 cans of olives at one time?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay....i love the olives story and pictures! TOO CUTE! Your family is beautiful, Laura! Hope all is well. Hope we can catch up soon!

Miss ya--Cass