Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brick Anyone?

Ok, ya'll, I need a brick. Seriously.  Whenever I would go and visit my grandma as a child she would always say on our arrival, "I need to put a brick on your head."  It was her way of saying that time was going too quickly and consequently her grandchildren were growing too quickly.  I am in need of a brick for our little Miss Anya.  Today she stood up in the middle of the living room, while I was cleaning up from lunch. Soren yelled, "Mommy look!"  I watched her and started counting out loud.  "1....2.....3....(Soren is now jumping around Anya)....4...(Anya sensing something fun, puts on a big smile and starts flapping her arms)...5...flailing arms cause her balance to be knocked off followed by a straight forward face plant....and then yes lots of crying and cuddling.  Now, you are probably asking yourselves the same question Erik asked me, "Why didn't you run to her when you first saw her?"  I honestly was in shock that she was standing, I almost had the sense if I don't move, she won't either.  I felt like time froze in those seconds as we just stared at one another, me in disbelief and Anya in blissful ignorance.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow Anya! Save some milestones for your trip to CA!!!!!!! That's awesome

The Paine Family said...

Wowzers!! I've never heard of a baby walking that young. Hopefully it was a fluke (: If she does it again grab the video camera, I can't even imagine Annette walking!