Friday, May 22, 2009

Sandbox!!!

The sandbox is officially up and running! My Dad built this sandbox during the kids' birthday weekend. I wanted to stain it so that it would match the playset before we filled it with sand. The kids have been not so patiently waiting for the pretreated wood to dry out enough so that I could stain it so that it could be filled. I pulled it out of the garage yesterday, put two coats of stain on it, and then filled it with 30 bags of sand today. I have had a lot of people tell me that I am crazy for wanting this for the kids. All these comments made me a tad bit nervous so we held a sandbox meeting (aka learning sandbox rules) before they played in it. The kids have handled it really well, and the mess hasn't been that bad. They know that we have sandbox time and when they are ALL done we clean up, put the cover back on, wash off at the hose and then wait until we are dry before we go in the house. So far, so good.















1 comment: