Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall-alicious!

Last Sunday we decided to go out and take a Sunday drive and look for signs of fall. It was fun to meander through the beautiful countryside and see the bits of orange sprinkled throughout the trees. We ended up at a family-friendly apple orchard that had a corn maze, jumping castles, bouncing balls, swings, pumpkins, and of course apples and apple cider, yum! Here are a few pics of our outing.

Well, they say the squeaky wheel gets the oil and it looks like our squeaky wheel, Anya has had enough of this watching the family eat and wants to join in. Lately I have been feeling that Anya is just hungry! She is still a good nurser and eats about every four hours, but this just doesn't seem to be cutting it anymore. She has been waking up somewhere between 12-2am to eat and she guzzles during this time. So, with the hopes of better sleeping and the desire for Anya to be full, solids have begun! Most books will tell you that it is not nutritional necessary until 6 months, but I am finding my mothering experience to not completely agree on all terms of "the books." In my five years of mothering I have learned to educate myself and then combine that knowledge with my God-given intuition. With Olivia, she too was an early sitter and was just about crawling when I started her at 5 1/2 months. I really tried hard to wait until 6 months, but her activity level just required more. Soren got his first nibbles at 5 months and he too was already sitting by this time. And now Anya is 4 1/2 months and has been enjoying tasty morsels of avocado. See a pattern here? I guess I just keep moving up this milestone by 2 weeks with every child!

3 comments:

Angela said...

OOOOOOO MY WORD!!!! I HAD to comment even before reading the new posts! I LOVE the fall background and the picture. Everyone looks older already and so cute. Anya went from a baby to girl! cute!!

Angela said...

ok. maybe she's still a baby.. but those jeans and her sitting up makes her seem so much older than before :)

The Paine Family said...

I agree! Such fun autumness!! Horray!! Anya sure is on the fast track, I guess she has to keep up with her busy brother and sister! Thanks for posting. You guys all look great and so happy! XOXO