Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snow, Snow, and More Cold

The snow has reached our porch floor


When I went to bed the other night there was a prediction for about 2-4 inches of snow in our area. I was a bit surprised when we opened the blinds to find about 8 inches. Olivia looked out the window and looked at us and stated in a matter of fact way, "Looks like it is time to go back to California." I then spent the next 2 1/2 hours shoveling and pushing snow. We are starting to run out of places to throw the snow, so I had to push the snow down a ways until I could find a place to throw it. I enjoy the work out that snow shoveling provides, but with the bone chilling temperatures of today reaching -40 wind chills, I am starting to think that Olivia was onto something...Grandad and Naana, you may want to prepare for more visitors. :-)
The pile of snow on top of the retaining wall


I kept digging until I found the mailbox...it's around here somewhere


The front sidewalk looks more like a tunnel

These piles are about 5 feet






1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

hey guys...I'm tracking you now, and LOVE reading your blogs! You all are quite cute. :)