Thursday, November 20, 2008

Healthy Snacks

This past June I had a lot of fun picking strawberries, and like usual, I got a little carried away. I made four batches of strawberry jam and frozen many to have for snacks. Now that there is a blanket of snow covering the ground, these strawberries are tasting even better than I could have imagined. The kids especially enjoy strawberry smoothies. I use this great recipe from the book, Super Baby Food. It has yogurt, wheat germ, flax, a little brewer's yeast, and of course, strawberries. It is definitely a favorite around here!





I used another recipe from this same book to make homemade wholegrain pretzels for Olivia's preschool class. These soft pretzels along with some grapes made a great snack for her class. It must have been a hit because they were all eaten! Olivia loved helping making the dough into a "snake" and then twisting it.




No comments: