Friday, August 22, 2008

Me love Cookies!

Neighbors can be such blessings and this is definitely the case with one of our neighbor girls, Jasmine. She is in the 6th grade and takes the time to come over and play with our kids periodically and make them feel special. When I see that bright smile ring our doorbell, I know that I too am getting blessed with a good hour to clean up, cook dinner, or do anything without the kids under my feet. So, we wanted to celebrate this special friend before her school year started, which experience tells us, we will be seeing less of her...sniff, sniff. Olivia decided to celebrate her with a batch of chocolate chip cookie, her favorite. I let her, and consequently our little "monkey see, monkey do" boy, make the cookies pretty independently. I read the recipe, gave instruction, and broke the eggs, other than that, they pretty much did it themselves. Olivia was so proud! We were so caught up in the moment, I was taking their pictures, they were stirring, and then we had our finally product and I took one finally picture, click! I then had to face the proof that a 3 and 1 year old had just made cookies, a sticky flour mess covered our kitchen. Hmm... I wonder if Cookie Monster's kitchen looks like this.





The lick, caught in the action!


They waited and waited for those cookies to come out.

Soren's patience came to an end, he wanted one right NOW!

Below is a video of some of the stirring:


Waiting for Cookies to cool is so hard!

No comments: